Subject: Re: Feature Recommendation
From: "Paul Davies" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 94 09:18:52 EDT

I'd like to put my two cents in.
I have a suggestion for you Allen. Global keyframe editing. The ability to 
adjust one or more scene elements' keframes individually or simultaneously while
viewing the keframes of the other elements. This would allow the animator to 
make timing adjustments without having to go in and out of the motion graphs. 
This feature wouldn't replace the motion graph option. You could implement it on
the existing Scene Menu where all the objects, lights and camera are shown with 
hashmarks on a timeline representing their keys simply by allowing the user to 
slide them left and right along the graph. In addition the user could highlight 
specific elements to be effected by the Scale Keys feature while the un-selected
items would be unaltered. This feature would be extremely useful for bones 
manipulation in charcter animation. It would also be nice to be able to toggle 
between showing and hiding envelope keys on the same graph. 
I apologize if any this is already in the software and has somehow eluded me - 
I'm using 3.1. I also apologize for any typos.

Ok, so that was only one cent. I hope it was concise.
paul

Paul Davies
Artist/Animator
CapDisc
[email-masked]  or  uunet!capitol!davies